Feb 12, 2009

Joys of the going to the Doctor

So today I had another appointment with my doctor regarding my lovely endometriosis or endo as the cool people call it. It has been four months science my lovely surgery and I wish I could say that I am all better and I feel wonderful, but I can't. The surgery didn't do a whole lot for besides giving me an official diagnosis of endo. Yippe! Something I knew I had the whole time. My Doctor Dr. Martin is a great doctor and really cares about me and making me better so today when I came in relaying the bad news he jumped right into action. And wow there is a lot of different actions I can take. The first one being Lupron shots which pretty much puts your body into menopause for six months, to help get rid of the lovely endo that enjoys growing all over my overaires and uterus. I have heard pro's and con's on this drug and my doctor stressed to me that what even hormones the Lupron would be messing with he would take care of. So in other words I would be on a shot putting me into menopause and hormone replacement therapy. haha. Sounds great doesn't it. But it does have an 80% success rate. Other suggestions were to have a different kind of surgery, which only has a 20% success rate. Other options are just taking more drugs when it becomes that time of month. But I am taking the strongest drugs and we aren't getting any where with that. Another option is Physical therapy to help strength the muscles so when the pain does come I am ready. :) So who knows what to do? Whatever it is, I just hope it helps with the pain because right now I feel like a druggy once a month taking all sorts of pills just get through the day. All I have to say is that Endo really sucks! And I admire all of you out there that have it worse than I do. You are the ones I look up too when days are bad.

11 comments:

Boren Family said...

I am sooo sorry! I can totally relate! Good luck on whatever decision you make but just to put it out there... when you are prego and nursing there is NO pain and it stops your endo from spreading. Just to let you know ;)

Life of an Org said...

Ya Sarah...I think what nicole is saying is just have a baby!! Then at least you won't be a druggy for a while. I'm sorry to hear your still not feeling good :( Let me know if there is ANYTHING you need cause you know that you and I both have husbands that are gone at times

Dallas - Jaycie - Ashton - Jaxon said...

I vote with the baby thing too Sarah! All the cool kids are doing it haha ;) 100% success rate on that one ! j/k I hope they can get ya started on whatever you choose asap... sounds miserable :( keep your chin up! xoxo

The Whipples said...

Oh man that sucks...I'm sorry. I know a few people who have the shots and it seems to work the best for them, but I agree with the others about the prego thing.... our little one is going to need another to play princess with.....;-)

Kellie said...

if i were there right now... it would go a little something like this:
I GOT SUNSHIIIIIINE
ON A CLOOOOUDY DAY
WHEN ITS COOOOOLD OUTSIDE
I GOT THE MONTH OF MAY
WEEEEELLLLLLL!! IIIII GUESS YOOOOOOU SAY
WHAT CAN MAKE ME FEEEEL THIS WAAAAAY
MY GIRRRRRRRRL
MY GIRRRRRRRRRRL
MY GIRL!
TALKIN BOOOOOUT MY GIRL!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

i sang the whole thing. out loud. just for you. to make it through the day! haha chin up sarah you can make it!!

Mom's Managery said...

That sound awful and painful.I guess you were there when I had my fun surgery so I can help you with you fun.(if you want)

Meka said...

I know what you mean about the pills I hate taking them! It's weird because I still feel the pain but Im so drugged up I don't care or something. I have found that 4 or 5 ib profen help take the edge of when it's really bad. It's hard knowing what to do, the doctors don't really know a whole lot about it! I actually wear one of those magnetic bracelets you can get at the fair and I think that has helped a bit. Good luck!

Fiagle Family said...

What if you get pregnant?? Didnt they say that was supposed to help??

Nick and Ashley said...

OH man...that sucks, I'm sorry. I have it too, but i don't believe its as bad as you have it. I used to have to stay home from school every month because it hurt so bad. I've just been on continuous birth control for a few years so haven't had to worry about it much...I am just scared to ever get off of it!

feetee said...

Man that sucks! I vote for a rich supply of morphine! Boo ya! Plus, there is always medicinal marijuana...jkjk. Let us know what you decide to do, we're praying for you guys!

Unknown said...

I vote you have a baby!!! No Pain, no spreading, and you will have a fun little mini Jesse or Sarah!! Then Carson would have someone to play with!!!!!